Saturday, August 21, 2010

Quiet days

My plan this week was to get up every day at the time I usually do, take a walk and try to go through some stuff here...well that was the plan. I think that I slept wrong in Gatlinburg and it resulted in one of those stiff necks that only gets better after it gets worse. So I was up a couple of nights at 3am to get some motrin and needless to say the getting up at 6am went out the window.
 
It was rainy here on Thursday so I did some comfort food cooking, broccoli and cheese casserole. I was introduced to this  by my friend Kathy years ago at the monthly cross stitch group that I was a part of in CT. We always had potluck and stitching. Kathy was not allowed to show up to the meeting without this dish. I am hoping to catch up with a couple of girls from the group this Dec. when I go up to see the CT sampler exhibits and to the MFA.


This is the baked ravioli that I made one night for dinner. I have also been going through the pantry and the freezer and these 2 dishes are the result. Speaking of Italian food I went to see Eat, Pray, Love. The places that she visited were beautiful, but I don't understand why she was so unhappy, she had so much to be thankful for?!? Maybe I need to read the book. Anyway, the movie was long too, not one that I would recommend.


This is Rich with the M37, he had some time yesterday to try putting on his new trailer. Goal is to take the truck to next years Southeastern Power Wagon rally in Calliston, SC. He still needs tires and some other stuff. First he has to have some dental work done. It is always something.

I am going to end for now. I finished Isabelle last night so I will get a picture of her up soon. So I will spend some time going through the stash tonight :0) I hope that everyone has a great Saturday!

Chris

No comments: