Sunday, July 11, 2010

Mini Break

Rich and I hit the road for a small break before my surgery this upcoming Tuesday. This is the view from the hotel room in New Bern, NC. From the hotel we could walk downtown  to resturants and to Tryon Palace. Sometimes it is nice to just hole up somewhere like this, go out walk around in the morning, maybe a nap in the afternoon.
 New Bern has a small downtown area with some nice resturants. We had lunch at Chelsea. They are in Our State Magazine this month for the best food in Craven County. The item that was picked is South African Pudding. It is a Banana cake, not bread pudding more like a steamed pudding. It was interesting, it was served cold. I don't know that I liked that!? But it was different :)
    The day we spent at Tryon Palace it was in the mid to upper 90's. Sigh.
The tour of the different homes and palace was excellent and the gardens were beautiful. It was hard to get in the car to come home.

   We haven't gotten any rain here and the zinnias are all wilting. It is just going to be a long hot summer. I will be out of work 4 to 6 weeks. I am hoping to get some stitiching done and some reading.


I have been working on some of the ornament kits from the kit exchange that I participated in for about 5 years. It was based on the JCS ornament issue. You would stitch an ornament and kit it and in return you would get a kit back. I am finishing up the ornaments from the 2004 issue and have completed the Glory Bee ornament and the Bent Creek ornament. I will be doing the finishing in October and November :)

bad picture from my cell phone :(

That's it for now.
Chris

No comments: