Sunday, July 4, 2010

4th of July

 My friend here has kicked me out of my chair. There just isn't room for the both of us.

I hope that everyone is having a happy & safe 4th with their friends and loved ones. Rich and I have been doing some clean up. Trying to get some stuff done, prior to my hysterectomy on the 13th.

I have been watching The Revolutionary War marathon on the Military Channel and trying to stitch a little on one of the ornament kits from my years of participating in an exchange based on the JCS ornament issue. My friend here is not cooperating!
This is Lexie. She is about 13 or 14 years old and weighs in at about 16lbs. Her sister passed the beginning of the year and now she has decided that it is ok to be a lap cat. I don't know if she thought her sister would make fun of her for this. Lex was adopted in our home when she was 7 years old. I don't know what her life was like prior to living here. I know that her sister really beat on her and would jump her, her life is much mellower now.
  The hummingbirds are wizzing around the feeders on the front porch.  Time to go make dinner.

Chris

No comments: