Monday, December 15, 2014

Some Stitching Fabulousness


Hello Dear Friends.
   I hope that everyone has a good last quarter of the year. Where has the time gone? I am sorry for my absence but life has been busy. My travel schedule has taken a toll on my blog, my stitching, my diet...you get the picture right?
    I have traveled to some new places and met some new people, tried some new things. The last few months most of the time that I have been on the road there have been other colleagues with me and you end up going out to eat. I am looking forward some time alone  so I can go back to my hotel room and stitch. This time of year it is hard to explore by myself, it gets dark so early.
 I have had to invest in some tights and cuddleduds for some trips to the frozen north, Minnesota and Michigan.
  I had a milestone  birthday in November and came out on the other side ok.
  But the title of this post is stitching...
I am stitching the stained glass mistletoe ornament by Ink Circles from the 2015 JCS ornament issue.
Now comes the fun part when I can add some color.
I am also trying to get Nancy finished up. She has been languishing next to my stitching chair.
   But back to the fabulousness...
I received a couple of wonderful Christmas gifts this week.

Myra (Gr8dames Place Blog) spoiled me with this beautiful stitched pillow. I LOVE it! Her finishing is so beautiful. The design is from the gazette94 blog. She also gifted me with one of the sweet little birds that she sewed. It is filled with walnut shells in case I want to use it as a pincushion. And she also gave me one of the bell ornaments that she stitched. Myra, you spoiled me!
I also received this wonderful ornament from Robin(Threads of Memory blog). I have loved this design she first came out with it. Thank you!
   So, lots of fabulousness right?!
   I have a  handmade gift exchange this Friday so look for another update. My pieces are finished so I can relax now, I even made myself one!
  Well, I must get ready for the week. I hope that it is a good one for everyone. I am going to make sure that I take time to stop and look around.

Cheers!
Chris
   

26 comments:

Anna van Schurman said...

Love that Gazette 94 pillow. Your stitching is coming along nicely.

P.J. said...

Glad you got a bit of stitching time in. What lovely gifts, very sweet. Safe travels and happiest of holidays. :)

P.J. said...

Glad you got a bit of stitching time in. What lovely gifts, very sweet. Safe travels and happiest of holidays. :)

Margaret said...

I love your ornament that you are stitching, also Nancy. Love the gifts you received too. I really need to get that design from Robin -- it's wonderful! Hope the travel time isn't too stressful for you and you are enjoying your new lifestyle! So good to see a post from you -- you are missed!

Vickie said...

Yes, you are missed!!
Love that pillow from Myra! Too cute.
I am glad you have a bit of time to stitch yourself.

KimM said...

What wonderful gifts! I understand exactly what you mean about traveling - when I was on the road, after a long day, all I wanted to do was go back to my room and stitch and relax.
xxx

Cindy's Stitching said...

Glad to see you are stitching. Explore as much as you can. Some beautiful gifts.

Robin in Virginia said...

Lovely gifts you received, Chris! Glad you are able to squeeze in a few stitches! Thinking of you!

Robin in Virginia

Melissa said...

Beautiful gifts from your sweet friends.

I see lovely stitching too. I hope you have some down time during the holidays. Traveling can be hard on a person after awhile. We all need some home time! Take care!

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Beautiful ornaments--so nice to have for your tree this time of the year. Your sampler is looking good--please share the finish--looks like you are getting close

marly said...

Love that pillow and the other gifts. Have Binx and Beau adjusted to your new schedule? I'm sure it's difficult to have a regimen while traveling but you will work it out. Hope you have some down time for the holidays.

Marilyn said...

The Ink Circles piece will be so pretty.
Nancy is coming along nicely.
Great gifts you received.
Marilyn

diamondc said...

Chris: So happy to see you are doing some stitching.
I love your gifts, so lovely.
Love your header picture so pretty.

Beth said...

Have missed you Chris. Glad you are finding a bit of time to stitch. I cannot imagine travelling as much as you do.

Barb said...

Hope you can be home and enjoy Christmas with your DH! It was great seeing your blog again.

Julie said...

Lovely to see a post here Chris.
Beautiful ornaments you have received.
Nice stitching you've been doing too.
Have a wonderful Christmas.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

I've wondered about you :) It just gets crazy sometimes doesn't it! Your stitching looks fabulous. Myra's is perfectly perfect and your other gift surprise is fabulous! Merry Christmas!

valerie said...

Your gifts from Myra are amazing! Love the Santa and Snowman pillow. Sounds like you have been crazy busy. Awesome that you got to see some new places and experience some new things. Hope you have a great Christmas. :)

Southpaw Stitcher said...

Love your current projects and the gifts that you got. Happy to see you back in Blogland. Merry Christmas, Chris!

Carol said...

You certainly have had one busy year with all of your traveling, Chris, but I'm sure you've seen some amazing sights, tried great new restaurants and met some fun people. Your gifts from Myra and Robin are wonderful--enjoy!!

Merry Christmas to you :) Hope it includes some stitching goodies!

Angela said...

Lovely stitching and finishes!

Andrea said...

Wonderful gifts and WIPs.

You're talking to a UK person here ... so what are 'cuddleduds'? :)

Krista said...

So nice to see your stitching update, Chris! Lovely things you have going. I have seen how busy you are traveling here, there, and everywhere on fb. Even though it is work, it must be fun exploring so many new places. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!

Krista said...

And a belated Happy Birthday to you!!

Brigitte said...

You've received some beuatiful gifts from your friends.

Sparky said...

absolutely divine stitching...they just make my heart sing...