Sunday, November 2, 2014

Ozette Triangle Trail

Or first full day in Washington we headed out to the Ozette Triangle trail. This trail is part of the most western point of the US. The only way to get to the beach is to hike in.
Much of the trail is on these board walks.

There are huge cedar trees and lots of big ferns.
Huge slugs....blech.
And finally the beach...
We could hear sea lions hanging out on this small island.
What am amazing coast line.
Huge driftwood trees were on the beach. They were amazing.
Peek-a-boo!
Going up.....
Going down...
Sea glass...
This was a wonderful hike. It is about 11 to 12 miles. Our cell phone batteries died by the time we left the beach so I can't share with you some of the other sites that we saw. This is one of the top hikes that we have done. If you ever get out to the Olympic Peninsula this one is a must!

Thanks for traveling with me!
Chris

15 comments:

Vickie said...

Oh how wonderful and beautiful! Thank you Chris. Once again you have hiked for me, since I am unable to anymore. ;)

butterfly said...

Beautiful photos, Love your new header. hugs.

Jennifer said...

What a cool adventure. Glad you had a good time. :)

Margaret said...

It looks wonderful, and oh so pretty! Thanks for sharing -- who knows if I will ever get out there myself.

diamondc said...

Chris: Wow such lovely pictures, I hope you are having a wonderful time.

Catherine

marly said...

I always enjoy the adventures with Chris and Rich posts. The photo is fabulous, I can imagine how breathtaking in person. Well, the hike to get there would have taken my breath first.

Barb said...

Chris, can you believe that is one hike we have never done!!Last summer my knee kept us pretty much at home. Even now, I can only go for about a mile. I really hope next summer.....

Anonymous said...

Do you pull yourself up with that rope? Sounds like fun as long as the slugs aren't there. That is one humongous slug.

Marilyn said...

Looks like a great time.
Thanks for sharing the pics.
Love the sea glass, but not the slug! lol
Marilyn

Beth said...

Glad you had an enjoyable hike- what pretty sea glass you found.

trillium said...

I've only been to Oregon but hope to visit Washington someday!

P.J. said...

Amazing! Like another planet! Very cool pictures, thanks for sharing.

Karoline said...

Looks like a great hike, gorgeous photos

Julie said...

Super pictures, looks like you are having lots of fun.

Charlene ♥ NC said...

I was amazed that the east and west coasts are SO different! Hold your 'mermaid tears' close to your heart.
"In an instant, the mermaid calmed the wind and tamed the waves, changing the course of nature and saving the life of a man she had grown to love from afar."