Saturday, November 1, 2014

Leaving Detroit...

When last we talked I had told you all about my adventures in Detroit. After the lost weekend there I traveled over to the next site that I was visiting, Ashtabula, OH.
I took in the views along parts of Lake Erie.
Then it was hello Cleveland!
I stopped to spend a couple of hours in the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame.

I enjoyed this much more than I thought I would. It was great reading about all my favorite bands. I loved the Elvis exhibit and watching American Bandstand. I really didn't have much more time to explore Cleveland. I will try and do that another time. I need to go see the Christmas Story House but I would like to do that with Rich.

This is Ashtabula Harbor. This little section of town has a lot of nice little restaurants.
Looking out towards the lake.
I had some pickled vegetables with my dinner.
This was a lovely place to visit. There is so much to see in each little town if you take the time to stop and look around.

After leaving the area I had a 15 hour turn around at home before Rich and I headed out on our annual vacation. Watch out Seattle! Here we come!

As always, thanks for traveling along!



Chris

2 comments:

Krista said...

Looks like a fun spot! I definitely need to get to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, on the bucket list for sure!

Vickie said...

Good for you! Once again, thanks for sharing things I have never seen. I love your new header picture. Just awesome.