Saturday, October 18, 2014

Yes! It Is That Time Of Year....Ornament Issue Time

Every September I look forward to the release of the annual ornament issue from Just Cross Stitch. I have stitched so many ornaments from these issues. Thank you to all the designers that contribute each year.
  Here are a few of my favorites from this issue....
This sweet design by Nikyscreations. I have seen a few finishes of the design out on the blogs already.
I love this Mistletoe ornament from Ink Circles. I love the colors. The Holly ornament in the ornament preview issue is pretty too. The 2 designs are the same size and could be used to make a fabulous 2 sided ornament.
This one is from New York Dreamer. I like the overdoes.
This is by Cherished Stitches. I really like this border.
And Little House Needleworks. 
There are quite a few more that I would stitch. 
  This magazine is such a great value when you consider how much a chart costs.
So here is my start on the  Mistletoe ornament. 
   I am trying to get back to stitching some.
  I hope that everyone is having a great weekend. We are enjoying some beautiful fall weather.

Stitch On!

Chris

18 comments:

marly said...

Thanks for the preview. So glad you have some time to sit and stitch. Enjoy the weekend.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you've made a pretty good start on Mistletoe.

I have the ornament issue, but haven't started anything yet. Looks like it is a pretty good issue this year.

Sally said...

Mistletoe is looking lovely. That one narrowly missed my top 5! I'm stitching the LHN one but won't be showing it in my blog until December as it's for an exchange.

Vickie said...

Yay! Good for you. Wonderful progress. I am stitching 'Just One More Stitch' right now. I am glad you have time to enjoy this weekend by relaxing.

Marilyn said...

Great pics from the magazine.
Glad you found some time to stitch.
Marilyn

Margaret said...

I like your picks a lot. You picked a good one to start on too -- that one really caught my eye. I think we share at least 3 favorites!

Robin in Virginia said...

Glad you picked up this year's ornament issue! I had heard around the 'net how many people were disappointed with this year's issue. Personally, I really like it and have marked at least 15 to stitch during 2015.

Your start on Mistletoe looks great, Chris!

Robin in Virginia

Cindy's Stitching said...

So many great ones chris. Glad you have started your favorites.

diamondc said...

Chris: Sounds like you are slowing down a little at work, I hope you are having a great fall.
Lovr ther ornament issues.

Catherine

butterfly said...

I love these mags , nice start on your ornament i have just started one of them too.
Have a great week.

cucki said...

So glad you found some time to sit and stitch. happy day hugs x

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I like the design by NIkyscreations but for the first time I've not been tempted to buy the magazine. The design you've chosen to stitch looks neat.

Vera said...

Yay! You found time to stitch. And, sounds like you are home!! Hope all is well Chris.

Annette-California said...

Love your choices! Great start on Mistletoe! I've stitched one so far from the magazine. Many more I plan to stitch. Great to see your stitching:)
love Annette

Beth said...

Just got the magazine so have not yet picked a Favorite Five. Stitch on!

Julie said...

I should have my copy this week too.
Nice collection you chose from the magazine and a great start you've made.

Andrea said...

A great start. It's a good one for me too this year, lots of favourites.

Southpaw Stitcher said...

That's quite a good start you have there! Love your choice from the magazine. Glad you have a little down time to stitch.