Sunday, December 22, 2013

A Little More Margaret & A Lot More Richmond

Woohoo! Richmond is a great place to visit. Rich and I slept in a little on Saturday and then headed off to meet my friend Mary Ann for an early lunch.



The Black Sheep is located near Virginia University.


I love this quirky wreath on the door decorated with salt & pepper shakers.



Quirky decorations...


A needlework wreath on the wall.


And the food. I had the bayou breakfast.


Rich had a muffuletta sandwich. I guess that we were in a New Orleans mood.


Mary Ann had gingersnap crusted French toast with a pear and fruit compote. If you get to Richmond put this place on your list!
Mary Ann and I exchanged Christmas gifts.



I love the way that she used a book mark for the tag.



And this was inside. See the snowman?
Thank you Mary Ann! It was wonderful to see you.
After that Rich and I went over to walk around Hollywood Cemetary. Unfortunately tours are not available in December, so we walked around on our own.



The monument in the front is President Tyler's grave and the black ornate marker in the back is President Monroe's.


This guy is quite popular. I definitely need to visit again when tours are available.
Our next stop was here..


This is the oldest standing house in Richmond, circa 1769 and also the home of the Edgar Allen Poe museum. The exhibits were interesting and informative.
Do you think Mr. Poe would have approved of these ornaments in the fountain?


And since we were back in the neighborhood and we had hiked around the cemetery we stopped for more pie.



Mixed berry streusel...


Buttermilk. Yum.
So there was another stop but I am going to save it for the next post.
I worked a little more on Margaret.


Thanks for traveling along with me!
I hope that everyone is safe and warm. The storms have been horrible today throughout a lot of the country.

Chris
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

9 comments:

Annette-California said...

How cool that you spotted a stitched sampler while lunching -LOL. Very beautiful scissors and fob from Mary Ann. ooh those pies...good progress on Margaret while on the road. So glad your having a good time Chris.
love Annette

butterfly said...

Thanks for the trip and the food ha.
Margret looks great.
We are having a bad storm right now, hugs.

Brigitte said...

A great sight-seeing tour - and great food. Thanks for showing all these pictures.

Carol said...

Oh, I love Richmond, too, Chris--two of my sons went to the University of Richmond and I kind of wish one of them had stayed down that way (not really!) so we would have an excuse to visit more often... Looks like you had a wonderful visit :)

Vickie said...

What a nice trip. Looks to be good weather.

Penny said...

You always have such wonderful food pictures! :) Richmond sounds like a lovely place to visit. Thanks for the little tour!

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I love seeing all the great places you eat and your lovely choices. Sounds like a fun trip you're on, I hope the weather is fine for you. It's been stormy here again and is set to be worse tomorrow.

Erna said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time..
Have a merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year...
Hugs from a stormy Amsterdam
Erna xx

Julie said...

A beautiful scissor fob you were gifted.