Friday, July 5, 2013

Like A Postcard

Hello Friends!
I hope that you had a great Thursday! If you are in the US I hope that it was a wonderful holiday.
The title if this post has to do with this picture that I took yesterday at the Dusquene Incline.



Doesn't it look like a postcard?
What amazing views of the city.



Here is the front of the upper station.



The works inside. That one big gear has wooden teeth that they switch out when needed.



Inside the car.



Inside the lower station.



We visited this gallery down in the Strip district and were surprised to see a fiber arts exhibit inside.



This guy has to a of buttonS



Here is a close up of his chest.



This was cool...



It was all pipe cleaners made into these flowers and twisted together.



Here's a close up of it...



Rich and I also visited the Frick.



We took a tour of the mansion.



We also went through the museums. They had some wonderful carriages and automobiles.
The art in this house and museum are wonderful too. We saw a Monet and a beautiful Rubens.
I stitched some more on Margaret....



I think she is moving along. I am tempted to keep stitching on her when I get home.
Thanks for traveling with me!

Happy Friday!

Chris
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

17 comments:

Krista said...

It does look like a postcard! How great to find that interesting exhibit. Looks like you are having a great time! Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Lovely photos, love the button man.
Lovely stitching too.

Shirlee said...

Thanks for the trip home again : )

Margaret said...

Fantastic! I love that view!

Dani - tkdchick said...

If you still feel like working on your WIP go for it!!!

Catherine said...

That fiber exhibit looks crazy fun! And yes your picture is a postcard one!! So glad you are having such fun!

Vickie said...

Cool pictures Chris. Glad you are having good weather. Your stitching is really coming along. =)

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I love that photo, you're so right about it being just like a postcard. The funicular railway is a great way to get from one level to another quickly.

cucki said...

Sweet..I love it ❤❤❤

Cath said...

Lovely pics. I'm so glad that you're having a great holiday.X

Julie said...

The button man is so cool.

Barb said...

A very interesting post. Your WIP is looking good.

Beedeebabee said...

Beautiful photos, Chris, and that does look like a postcard! You and Rich seem like such a fun couple...always traveling around enjoying the sites and being with each other. I love reading about your adventures!...Your new piece is looking so pretty. You are one super speedy stitcher! Enjoy your weekend! xo :)

Annette-California said...

I'm impressed with how much progress you've completed on Margaret while on tour. She is looking more lovelier. Enjoy your weekend.
love Annette

Keeper of the Crowes said...

What a cool city! So many interesting sites!!! It's just great that you've been able to get some stitching in too!

Brigitte said...

Very nice progress on Margaret.
So nice to take your reader to this trip to Pittsburgh. I have been enjoying all your pictures in this post and the last ones very much.

Meari said...

Yes, it does look like a postcard. Thanks for the tour. Looks like a fun place to visit!