Thursday, July 4, 2013

A Little More Margaret & A Lot More Pittsburgh




I have made a little more progress on Margaret. She is really a nice piece to stitch when I am traveling. I love green so I am enjoying the colors.
Thanks everyone for traveling around Pittsburgh with me. This is a wonderful city to visit.



This is the lower station of the Monongahela Incline. These cars would carry passengers up and down Mt. Washington.



The views at the top are amazing.



What an amazing view of the city.



Here's a really bad picture of the inside of the incline car.
After that excitement we decided we needed some more so we headed out for a tour on this...



Just Ducky Tours of Pittsburgh.



The tour through the city was informative and fun. Lots of people honked and it was out job to quack back.



Then it was time to splash into the river and to motor around some in the river. It was lots if fun.
So then it was off to the other side of town to PNC Park for a ball game. We parked on the other side of the river from the ball park and walked across the Roberto Clemente bridge to the park. They close the bridge to vehicles for the games.




This is a beautiful stadium. The fans were all dressed in the Pittsburgh colors.



The score board.



What a great view of the city.



The game had some exciting moments. Unfortunately the home team lost ending a 9 game winning streak to the Philadelphia Phillies.



Here's looking back at the stadium after the game. I also want to say that parking has been amazing in this city and after the game we easily got out of town and back to our hotel.



It was a memorable day!

Thanks for traveling along with me.

Happy 4th of July!

Chris
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

15 comments:

Shirlee said...

More enjoyable memories of home, sort of : ) I never went to 3 Rivers Stadium, which I know is no longer in use (torn down maybe?) but I did see a ballgame at Forbes Field once! Lots of memories there : ) I actually met the whole Pirates team! I'm glad the incline is still in operation. There used to be a great Italian restaurant up there on Mt. Washington. It was my first introduction to gnocci : )

butterfly said...

More lovely photos thanks for sharing.
Love your stitching .

Mugwump Woolies said...

Great fun...Happy 4th...travel safe!
Robyn

Vickie said...

Good for you two. So jealous. I would love to get away. Our time will come I suppose. Happy Fourth!

Julie said...

What a view from the top! WOW

Anonymous said...

Beautiful stitching and stunning photos (:

marly said...

Thanks for including us in your activities!

Cole said...

Looks like you had a great day!!

Catherine said...

What fun times you've had!!

Margaret said...

Oh what fun! And a baseball game too! Fun fun! DS's apartment and uni are very close to Fenway Park -- it's fun to see all the fans walking to the stadium!

cucki said...

Wow :)

Ann at Beadlework. said...

It looks like a steep incline for the train going up - lovely views though. Thanks for sharing your day Chris.

Barb said...

I never really thought of visiting that area but you are making it look great!!!We had a visitor and took a Duck ride around Seattle. They actually gave us loads of information! A nice surprise as I thought they were just sort of funky.

Marsha said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I am following you now too. Pittsburgh is my home town and I'm glad you like it. I think it's a hard city to get around in and I like it now more than I did growing up there.

Marsha said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I am following you now too. Pittsburgh is my home town and I'm glad you like it. I think it's a hard city to get around in and I like it now more than I did growing up there.