Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Travel Day

Hello Friends,
I hope that everyone had a great holiday weekend. Rich and I went to a fun party at a friends house.
Yesterday Rich and I headed down the road to Chattanooga. We had to make a detour here...



We are staying downtown and will probably try to see the aquarium, go on a duck tour, catch a ball game and go to the museum of Recovery and Towing. There are no cross stitch stores here :(. They are few a far between any more.
So here is my next question, what kind of projects do you travel with? Do you take a big project or a small to work on? Does the count matter?
I dug around in the stash and came up with this...



A small Pine Mountain kit. I am looking forward to a vacation finish!

I hope everyone has a great day and I will keep you updated on our adventures.


Peace

Chris
- Posted usingBlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

Jenny said...

It sounds like you have a full schedule, Chris. The aquarium sounds really neat! I am already looking forward to more pictures.

I do what you do for travel projects - dig deep down in the WIP pile and pull out something neglected of a reasonable size. I try to find something that is already kitted up and ready to go, since I don't like searching for stuff when I am packing.
The travel kit always goes in the carry-on luggage!
And I even have a sewing/stitching pouch that I only use when I travel, so I know that all my necessities are handy and ready to go.
I love travel stitching - no laundry piled up and waiting, no grocery-store trips, no bird-cages to clean - just stitching along.... aaaah.

Catherine said...

Yummy snack!!

The type of project I take on a trip varies - depending on what I am currently working on, the destination and time away. Yours is really cute!

Rowyn said...

Hi Chris

I usually take a project which isn't too intricate, but I find more often than not I don't end up stitching when I'm away.

Have fun in Chattanooga!