Thursday, August 5, 2010

Winchester, VA

The Winchester, VA Historical Society has had a sampler exhibit up this year. My husband Rich and I went up to see the exhibit in June. It is held in a wonderful historic building and there is no charge to see the exhibit. It will be up until the end of October. The exhibit catalog has just been published so of course I got right on the phone and ordered my copy. The catalog is very nice. It tells about each sampler in the exhibit and shows where some of the girls lived. I am very pleased to have it in my sampler book collection.
If you have the chance it is worth going to see the exhibit and if not the catalog is a great addition to your needlework library. To get a copy you can call 540-662-6550. The catalog is $25 + $5 shipping.
Enjoy

Chris

No comments: