Sunday, June 20, 2010

Finally... a finish!

See if I just focus. This is the Jenny Bean Halloween Sampler By Shakepeare's Peddler. I started it the beginning of the year. Besides her I have only managed to stitch a few ornaments. Not very productive!
Now that Jenny is finished I have a small Eileen Bennet piece that I need to finish and then my other goal for the year was to finish a Bristol Orphanage sampler that I have from the Scarlet Letter. Last year I focused on finishing in October and November and will probably do the same this year.
     I had a great day on Saturday. I met my friend Susan in Cary and we went to the North Carolina Museum of Art. I had not been before. It is a beautiful museum. I loved seeing the painting of the Raliegh Female Academy's Graduation. The Andrew Wyeth paintings made me want to cry. I love the word  amphora, I might have to name a future cat that.
   After the art museum we went on to Raliegh and took a tour of the Mordecai house and Andrew Johnson birthplace. It was a very nice tour with a few sweet samplers to see.
  Then it was off to lunch and a strategy meeting. There are a bunch of exhibits in CT & MA the later part of the year that we want to try and get to. I am starting to research travel arrangements :)
  Well off to bed, another busy week ahead.
 

No comments: