Sunday, February 22, 2015

Just Cross Stitch

Sometimes when I get an issue of a magazine in the mail it does not have anything of interest in it. It can be a cooking mag, Entertainment Weekly or Just Cross Stitch. If that is the case I will pass the issue on to someone else. My Mom gets my cooking magazines.
  With Just Cross Stitch I will also pass on an issue that doesn't have things that I am interested in. And I continue to have a subscription because I know then that I will get the preview ornament issue and the ornament issue and I look forward to those issues every year. 
  Also if you look at the price of any chart now... Comparable ones that are in JCS run $4 to $10 each. So I figure that the $25 I pay a year is worth it. I get that in charts out of the ornie issue.
  So when my current issue arrived I was very pleased.
Here is what I like..
Sweet spring designs by Needlebling.
These pin cushions by Jeanette Douglas. I was looking at some of these kits at Stitchville USA last week. They are straight stitches. 
This sweet design from the Little Stitcher.
And finally this design by Hands on Design.

There are other charts too that are not my style if stitching but if I just count these ones.. All I can say is "Jackpot!"

So if you are thinking about canceling a subscription or getting one.... My vote is to keep/get a subscription!

Chris




18 comments:

Lumiruusu said...

I love Just Cross Stitch magazine ..it is so much different style than french or British mags that are more often available here in Finland. Still I actually LIKE all the mags love to read articles and just enjoy pictures..if I found something to stitch that makes it perfeect!

Vickie said...

I agree. Some issues I have passed on to others also.

Barbi said...

OH! that's a good issue! I might have to pick that one up. Thanks for sharing this one.

StitchinByTheLake said...

Thanks so much for this post. I was able to order this magazine online! blessings, marlene

Myra said...

I may have to get this one!

Annette-California said...

I subscribe to this magazine and was so happy to see some charts that I liked. I like the same charts you shared with us too! love Annette

Southpaw Stitcher said...

Thanks for the tip, Chris. I may have to wander over to JoAnn's and get myself a copy.

Robin in Virginia said...

Thanks for the heads up, Chris! I don't subscribe, but tend to browse if I see one and then purchase if there are some things I like. Based on what you showcased, there are several in this issue. So, thank you again!

Robin in Virginia

Beth said...

Jackpot is right! Lots of nice designs. Must pick up that one.

butterfly said...

Lovely designs .
I won't stop mine because if I do I know I will miss a design that I want ! hugs

Marilyn said...

Great choices.
I was drawn to the Little Stitcher piece.
Have a great week!
Marilyn

Julie said...

You've chosen some great designs in this issue. I bet we'll be seeing lots of those spring designs stitched up.

Margaret said...

I dropped the subscription, and I do regret it at times. Oh well.

Carol said...

My library gets this, Chris, so I rely on their subscription and then purchase the ornament issue each December :) Glad you found so many cute things in this issue!

Leslie said...

Looks like a great issue! ... it had me at the word SPRING! Have a great night. : ) Happy stitching.

Brigitte said...

I don't have a subscription because of all the high postage fees. But lately I have discovered that some of my favourite magazines offer a digital version now. This changes everything and I am now thinking about which magazine(s) to subscribe to.

KimM said...

Love JCS magazine - the peacock caught my eye as soon as it arrived on our doorstep.
Hugs
xxx

Charlene ♥ NC said...

I agree with you, and have renewed my print subscription. AND now you also get the online edition with your subscription so that you can download if you're in a rush before delivery!