Monday, September 8, 2014

You Know That You Have Been Traveling A Lot When....

you are driving on 40 on your way to Asheville, NC and you see a guy sitting on a guardrail hitch hiking and you realize that you saw the same guy walking down the side of the road 5 weeks ago in Centerville, FL. True story!!

So I have been in NC for the last 4 weeks training new employees and 2 weeks in Asheville opening a new store.
Asheville is a beautiful city in the Blue Ridge Moutains. I was lucky to have the chance to go out to the farm of one of my coworkers. This is a picture from her farm. What a gorgeous place!
I had the golf cart tour. That is her house and barn.
She has some beautiful gypsy horses.
Happy farm cats.
Happy dogs. What a great way to put the stress of the work day behind you.
Sweet horses.
 Asheville has a wonderful food scene too.
I had a amazing vegan meal at Plant.
An amazing breakfast at..
Some of the best Mexican I have ever had at Papa's & Beer.
The second week that I was there one of my stitching friends came up from Greenville, SC and we ate at Seven Sows.
They are supposed to have one of the 10 best fried chicken entrees in the US. It was an amazing meal. So glad that I could share it with a friend. I continue to try and catch up with friends during my travels.
  Well, it is time to get on my plane.

Happy Monday!

Chris


23 comments:

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I would love all the farm animals but not the hard work that goes along with it.

Vickie said...

Oh what a gorgeous farm in the Blue Ridge Mountains. Are those POODLES I spy in that creek?!?

Krista said...

Wow, lots more fun :) Love all the sweet animals, and all the yummy food pics! Now I am hungry! :)

Melissa said...

Oh gosh all that food is making me hungry! What an adventure you're having, Chris, with your new job!

Miss Pants said...

Asheville looks like fun. David and I might head up there this fall. :)

Vera said...

Love Asheville!! Wow! You have been so busy...no wonder you are exhausted on the weekends. Looks like you are managing to do some enjoyable things while on the road though. Good to hear from you again! Take care and travel safely.

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Such a lovely place to get to visit. Nice to see you, and the great foods you've been sampling! Yummmmm! Travel safely and be well.

cucki said...

Wow it's a very beautiful
Place to visit :)

Christina said...

Oh imagine waking up to a view like that? Beautiful.

stitchersanon said...

Oh gosh, another dream location to add to my wish list...looks amazing.

Margaret said...

What a lovely farm your coworker has! And the food -- oh yum! Hope work is treating you well!

Beth said...

At least you've been a bit more settled as of late - you can really learn about the area and enjoy the scenery and food.

Marilyn said...

What beautiful country, thanks for sharing all of the pics.
The food looks good too!
Marilyn

Robin said...

Well you may not be able to get in any stitching time but you sure are seeing and going to some wonderful places. It must be great to able to catch up with friends. Your photos are beautiful.

butterfly said...

You must be seeing some amazing places Chris .
Lovely food, take care and have a lovely week.

Julie said...

You've seen some wonderful sights Chris, I've enjoyed reading these posts.
Love Julie x

diamondc said...

Chris: What a wonderful job to be able to travel, tour and eat.
I am glad you were able to have some relaxing time for yourself.

Blessings.
Catherine

valerie said...

Looks like you are seeing some amazing places, Chris! Enjoy it! I miss stitching and blogging too. It's just so hard too juggle everything but I figure I'll get back to it eventually once I find my routine.

Anne said...

YAYAYAY!! You're back Chris! I'm so happy :D Love all the photos of your travels and I'm just a wee bit jealous you got to ride a horse...looooove horses!! I was always jealous of my friends who had horses. Hugs from me and Titus gives you a furry nudge!

Carol said...

So good to read your latest updates, Chris! I'm just so envious of all of the great places you're getting to see. I know it is for work, but it looks like you're getting to see the sights in each destination, too. Love the shots of Asheville... Have visited twice and there is such a sense of peace in those soothing mountain views :)

Mugwump Woolies said...

Love that beautiful farm!
Robyn

Karoline said...

Lovely photos, the farm is gorgeous

Brigitte said...

Great pictures of the farm and its surroundings. Must be heaven to live there.
All those food pictures are gorgeous too - and make me hungry, lol.