Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Stories From The Road

Howdy!
  
Fabulous theater in Hutchinson, KS.
The urns outside the Frank Lloyd Wright house in Wichita. Unfortunately there were no tours available when I was there.
Here is another view.
BBQ!
Beautiful place to enjoy my lunch at the clinic in Newton, KS.
I visited the detention center in Newton, KS. I needed to be fingerprinted to register with the Kansas Board of Pharmacy.
Another view of the train station in Newton.
Me! Headed off to work.
Meanwhile back in North Carolina...
Beautiful gardens in Pittsboro.
An amazing meal in Pittsboro, NC trout...

Unfortunately there has not been any stitching. I am reading more. That is a bonus. I usually read on the plane.
  
There has been lots going on at home. Company for over a week and our AC being replaced. Rich has had his hands full. Hopefully things will start to even out soon.

I miss you all and hope to catch up with everyone soon. Thanks to all who have emailed me to check in! You guys are the best.

Stitch some for me!

Chris


20 comments:

Vickie said...

Cool adventures continue I see. Take good care of yourself Chris.

Anna van Schurman said...

When we were in NC, we had burgers with Cackalacky sauce. Recommended! I'd stitch some for you but I have to stitch some for myself first!

Vera said...

Good to hear from you again Chris. I had guessed you were busy/crazy with your new job/schedule/traveling/etc. Looks like you are managing to sneak a little fun in and certainly good food -- that trout looks wonderful! Take care and safe travels.

Carol said...

You're getting to see some great sights all across the U.S., Chris! I'm sure you miss your stitching, but at least good books and good eating is helping fill that void!

Looking forward to your next post--wherever it may be from... Take care now!

butterfly said...

Wow thanks for the photo's what great places you are going to. hugs .

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

You are one busy gal but you sure seem to make the most of your travel! Be safe out there!

Julie said...

You are visiting some lovely places Chris. No stitching going on here either, we're having a heatwave and its way too hot.

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Wow, you've been on some grand adventures lately! I'll cros some X's for you. Have a good week!

Miss Pants said...

Looks busy busy. I can't read or stitch when traveling, so you are lucky!

Marilyn said...

Thanks for sharing the pics.
Looks like you are having fun, even if it is for work. lol
Marilyn

Margaret said...

You are a travelin' woman! Love seeing the pics for sure. You look very natty dressed for work! Hope things slow down for you soon.

P.J. said...

Awesome pictures!! Sorry the tour was not available.

Barb said...

You are seeing some very interesting places!!Thanks for sharing them!

Beth said...

All your traveling it is amazing you even know what time zone you are in Chris - no wonder stitching has gone by the wayside. You sure are seeing some interesting places but I'll bet there's no place quite like home!

Annette-California said...

So nice to hear from you. Wow you sure get to see some lovely places. I'll cross some x's for you too:) love Annette

Brigitte said...

So nice to see a new post from you. But with all the travelling that you have to do for your job there can't be much time left for blogging and stitching. On the other side you get to know many new places. Great pictures from your adventures in Kansas.

Penny said...

Great pictures, Chris! You are leading quite an exciting life right now. :)

Karoline said...

Great photos, it's good to hear from you

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Great to see a post from you. Seeing the sights as usual, and thanks for sharing them with us.

Susan said...

Thanks for taking us along on your trips. Our AC went down last week too, fortunately no guests, unfortunately, I was out of town and had to listen to The Hubs moan about it each night on the phone!