Tuesday, April 15, 2014

The Rest Of The Weekend

On Sunday morning I got up early to head down the road to Denton Farm Park to have breakfast with Rich.
  It was the weekend of the annual Military truck rally. 
This is the mobile kitchen.
It was kind of neat. My coworker came down with her 8 year old son to have breakfast and to ride around in Rich's M37. Fun!
   Rich got home by noon and since we had a big breakfast we went out for an hour long hike. 

The hike seemed hard and I put it down to not being acclimated to hot weather yet. 
When we got in the car the temperature said 85. It seemed like the ground had really warmed up and retained heat and you could feel it radiating up at you as you hiked up the hill. 
   There will be no getting used to the warm weather yet, it is supposed to be below freezing tonight. I hope that we don't get a hard freeze that will damage all the trees and plants.
Here is my progress on Nancy Jhonson. I didn't get much stitching done over the weekend. I spent a good chunk of Sunday afternoon doing my cooking for the week.
  Wishing you all a good week! Thanks for the kind comments and stopping by.

Chris
   

17 comments:

Meari said...

Beautiful hike. It snowed yesterday and last night. I woke up to 25F temps. Hope my spring flowers survive!

Vera said...

Hi Chris - nice progress on Nancy...looking beautiful! Sounds like you had a great weekend (those pancakes look wonderful!!). We were in the 80's on Sunday...supposed to be below freezing tonight. Strange year weather-wise.

Vickie said...

What a nice day! It snowed last night. It is 19º right now. puh!

Carol said...

How nice to get away for the day, Chris! We had a gorgeous, summer-like weekend, too. But today it is 37 and is snowing like crazy...

cucki said...

Wow great :)
Enjoy x

diamondc said...

Chris: Wonderful progress on Nancy, sounds like a wonderful time you and Rich are very similer to Mike and I we do loads of things together.
I am glad to hear you treated that little one to a ride how fun.

Blessings

Catherine

Melissa said...

You guys do such fun things which is wonderful as we also get to "travel" a bit with you.

Nice progress on Nancy.

Margaret said...

Love your WIP. It's always fun to see what you guys are up to. You're always doing something nice!

Barb said...

I always worry when a frost comes and it has been so warm. We have lost plants that way many times! I hope you don't get that freeze!!

Annette-California said...

You have been getting more done on your wip and its beautiful Chris!
Crazy weather! Loved your photos too.
love Annette

Shirlee said...

You & Rich never stay at home, do you : ) Another wonderful adventure for the both of you! You make John & I look like slugs ... which we basically are : )

Julie said...

Chilly nights here but such beautiful sun shiney days this week, its been lovely.

Anne said...

Sound like a fun packed day!! You and Rick are like me and my hubby with cycling...so nice to get out and enjoy nature. Great progress on Nancy Johnson!! Hugs from me and little Titus :D

Beth said...

I would never get used to big temperature swings lime that!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Nancy is looking good

Beedeebabee said...

I love the colors in this sampler Chris. It's going to be a real beauty when it's done...Those pancakes looked good. Now I'm going to have to make some for breakfast...and then go for a long walk because I stuffed myself! xoxo

Karoline said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend. Nancy is looking lovely