Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Some Quiet Time At Home

After our whirlwind trip to Virginia Rich and I have spent a couple of quiet days at home.
We have finished wrapping our presents and are all set to go to my Mom's tomorrow afternoon for dinner.
During wrapping and the assembling of this...



Merry Christmas to the boys...


They seem quite pleased.


We watched some of my favorite holiday movies. My favorites are not exactly the expected ones...
-Auntie Mame with Rosalind Russell. The holiday scenes are fabulous, when she is working at Macy's and when the family has it's celebration afterward. If you have never seen this movie check it out. The costumes are amazing and it is so funny.
- Little Women with Susan Sarandon and Wynona Rider. The classic story with a great cast. The soundtrack of this movie is one of my favorite. It sounds like Christmas.
-The Ref with Dennis Leary and Kevin Spacey. This is sarcastic and such a harsh movie. It has so many great lines..."slipper socks medium" "Connecticut is the 5th ring of hell" I could go on....
- Bridget Jone's Diary. The movie starts with a Christmas party and ends with one.
There have been a few Hallmark movies sprinkled in between to balance some of the sarcasm and snark of some of my other choices.
A few more lovely gifts landed in my mailbox.



Here is a lovely pen that was included in the package from Vickie. It says stitch, in green, my favorite color. Such tiny stitches and it writes so well.


This arrived from Krista( Just Stitching Along blog).


Now I just need some colder weather so that I can wear this wonderful soft scarf. Thank you Krista. I love it!


And this arrived from Vera.



Are these the most fabulous Christmas socks ever? Binx and Beau approve. I am wearing them tomorrow. Thank you Vera. Everything is wonderful.
So back to some stitching. Since I am home I picked up my Summer Tribute Sampler.



I am going to stitch more tonight.

Wherever you are I hope that you are having a wonderful Christmas Eve spent with family and friends. I hope that you are warm with plenty of good food and sweet treats.

Merry Christmas my Friends!

Chris
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

12 comments:

Catherine said...

Aawww.....the boys look so regal on their new toy! Lovely gifts too! Have a Merry Christmas!!

Margaret said...

Wow, the boys must be in 7th heaven! What a great present for them! Love the gifts you received as well. And your Tribute to Summer Sampler -- it's stunningly gorgeous! I so need to stitch this! Are you using DMC? I can't remember what it calls for. Happy Christmas!

Deborah said...

Have a wonderful Christmas!

Krista said...

Love watching holiday movies this time of year too. I really enjoyed Auntie Mame this year too. Also Love Actually and Lampoon Christmas Vacation. I have to dig out my Bridget Jones, that is a favorite of mine too. That tower should keep the kitties busy for hours! I am glad you like the scarf.

Merry Christmas!

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Merry Christmas to you and your "boys" - I love their cat scratch tower. Your stitched piece is really coming along and looking so pretty.

Beth said...

Your boys must be SO pleased with their new tower! My cat crew is most envious!

Myra said...

Wonderful gifts Chris! I am spending quiet time today---I just finished Property of a Gentleman. :o) Ziggy wants to come live with Binx and Beau now. Merry Christmas my friend!

Vickie said...

What a great gift for the boys!!
Those socks! How awesome.

Andrea said...

Wow that looks more complicated to put together than flat-packed furniture! It looks amazing, the boys look as though they are in7th heaven. Lovely gifts.
I hope your day was special.

Brigitte said...

Quiet days at home - sounds perfect to me after a trip.
I hope you had a peaceful and merry Christmas and lots of time for stitching.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Now that's an awesome tower of power and puts mine to shame!

Meari said...

That's one huge kitty tower!

Lots of great gifts, too.

Sounds like you've had a great Christmas.