Saturday, August 31, 2013

Busy Days & Catching Up With Myra

Hello Friends!
How was your week? I think it was a busy one for everyone. In this area the schools started back on Monday. I worked on a big project at work and everyone that I talked to(the UPS and Fed Ex delivery people) were straight out busy.
I was busy after work with dinner with friends, exercise and a massage one evening. No time for stitching!!!!
Today started out the same way, Zumba, grocery shopping, a shower and back out to meet up with Myra for lunch. Myra and I have been trying to catch up but both our schedules have been so busy. Today was a small celebration for Myra( Gr8dame's Place blog). She has a birthday coming up later in September that is one with a zero attached. So It was off to lunch. We tried out a new hot dog/burger place in Asheboro that was pretty good but then went back to the Table for something sweet and more festive...



Myra chose key lime pie and I had the banana chocolate chip pound cake. Yum. It is so nice to have a place in town like this.
After catching up on everything, family, stitching, movies and tv, books we both headed off to run some errands.
I stopped at Big Lots. I needed some baskets for work and I checked out the cat toys. These have crunchy sounding stuff in the wings and Beau loves that type of toy.


My boy in action. I love it when he picks it up and shakes it.


I also bought a little piece of this fabric. I thought it would be great for backing on a Christmas ornament.



I ran some other errands too, now I think I will do some stitching... or should I put a loaf of banana bread in the oven? Or a nap?
Here is Penny America.



I am getting closer.

Thanks for all the kind well wishes. The stuffiness of this cold is sticking around. I hope to shake it soon.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Chris
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

17 comments:

Barb said...

What a nice way to spend a Saturday! I vote for a nap!

Margaret said...

Celebrating together is so great! Happy birthday to Myra! Love your purchases and your stitching too!

Miss Pants said...

Gotta love catching up with friends over dessert.

Pumpkin said...

That's awesome that you get to catch up with a fellow Blogger! Myra is such a sweetie and I'll have to remember to pop by her Blog ;)

I'm sorry to hear that you're still not feeling well. There's nothing worse than feeling ill and it being nice outside :( Hope you feel better soon.

Btw, now I'm REALLY hungry after seeing those desserts...

Catherine said...

Hope you are feeling better! You and Myra always have such a fun time together and I love seeing the yummy things you devour!

marly said...

Put the banana loaf in the oven, stitch while it's baking, eat it warm, take a nap, feel better!

Christina said...

Ohhh, banana bread or a nap??? Tough decision! ;0) x

Krista said...

Watching kitties play is so much fun. The stitching is looking great! Hope you feel better!

P.J. said...

Gonna have to pop into Big Lots here for some cat toys; Chewie would certainly dig those. So nice to spend quality catch up time with a friend. Desert looked scrumptious. Enjoy your stitching when you can squeeze it in.

Shirlee said...

What a lovely day! Those desserts look really good! Love the photo of Beau with his toy. Cute fabric, & Penny America keeps looking better & better each time I see it : )

Vickie said...

I think Marly's plan is the perfect one! ;)

cucki said...

Happy birthday to Myra ...
Love your purchase and stitching too.
Hugs x

Emma/Itzy said...

Mmmm the cake looks delicious and I love the look of the elf fabric, its so cute!

Meari said...

The cat toys are adorable and it looks like your kitty loves them. :)

Your WIP looks nice.

Meari said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kaisievic said...

How lovely to be able to catch up with Myra. I can just imagine the two of you having a lovely chat over lunch. That key lime pie looks delicious!

Julie said...

Yummy desserts!