Wednesday, March 14, 2012

MESDA Needlework Symposium Day 1

After a half day of work I headed up the road to Harrisonburg, VA to the location of this years symposium. It is being hosted by Jeffery and Beverly Evans this year. They are auctioneers and collectors too.

The auction room was filled with wonderful textiles, quilts and samplers from their collection and other private collections.




All kinds of eye candy!!!! The next couple of days are going to be great!
After the initial address and reception we headed out to downtown Harrisonburg for a wonderful meal at the Local Chophouse. It is a restaurant housed in one of the old mills.
The company was wonderful, my dear friends Mary Ann and Susan and 2 new friends Barbara(Queenstown Sampler Designs) and Cindy.
My roomie Mary Ann gifted me with this..

Her daughter Tammy made the wonderful fob. I am a lucky girl!
Now I need to shut up and go to sleep so that I am bright eyed and bushy tailed for tomorrow.
Hugs!
Chris
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

11 comments:

Barb said...

Those pictures show such lovely things! Have Fun!

carol fun said...

Thanks for the pictures. Looks like a wonderful event. Have lots of fun!!

Deborah said...

What beautiful things. Sounds like a great time.

butterfly said...

Thanks for sharing, love your gift.

Krista said...

Looks and sounds like a fun start to the weekend. Have a great time!

Margaret said...

Oh those quilts are gorgeous! Looks like fun so far! Lucky you to meet Barbara of Queenstown Samplers!

Shirlee said...

Lovely photos! It's nice to see "real quilts" at quilt shows rather than the "art quilts" that people have gotten into. I think there is a difference between a quilt & "fabric art." What gorgeous samplers!

Penny said...

The quilts are beautiful! I can't imagine the work that goes into them.
Sounds like you are having a great time. :)

robindefender said...

I'm so jealous!

Glenna said...

Oh, I wish I could see those lovely things in person! Thank you for sharing!

Anne said...

Sounds like you are having a wonderful time there Chris!! Love those quilts and samplers! Do show more!!