Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Wonderful Surprise



Good Morning Friends.
I hope that this last week before the holidays finds you all ready and able to slow down some to enjoy the holidays. The time seems to be going so fast. Last night was my night to have dinner with my friend Louise. Some of you may know her from her designs. Her company name is Cherished Stitches. I met Louise in EGA about 12 years ago when I moved to NC. Louise has a wonderful family and her daughter Robin is another amazing sampler stitcher. I am in between them in age and lucky to count them both as friends.
Robin has a wonderful blog called Threads of Memory. It show cases her amazing scrapbooking, stitching, love of travel and some naughty felines.
After work I headed over to Louise's house and we exchanged our gifts before going to eat.
Louise gave me some beautiful skeins of Gloriana silk. I need to find the perfect design for these.

Robin completely surprised me with one of her wonderful tags and this wonderful ornament. I was happy dancing all over Louise's kitchen. Luckily no one was filming it, otherwise it would probably going viral on YouTube as we speak. My other favorite holiday motif besides snowmen is holly so this is just one of my favorite designs and has been on my mind. Didn't she do a beautiful job? I am very emotional right now so of course these are making me cry too. So both the tag and the ornament are now part of my mantle display and both will be part of my holiday for many years to come. Thank you Robin.


It is time for me to get ready for work. I am still struggling and emotional. Thanks for all your kind words and thoughts and prayers.

Have a wonderful Tuesday.
Hugs

Chris

15 comments:

Carol said...

Your gift from Robin is lovely, Chris. I think that is one of the nicest things about stitching is it brings people of all different ages together...

You were lucky to have a dear friend like Evelyn--and vice versa... Take care now.

dixiesamplar said...

What lovely gifts...the ornie is beautiful, and Gloriana silks=love!

Faye said...

Lovely gifts for a deserving person!! I love the ornament and its finishing is just beautiful...And the other goodies are wonderful too!!

Have a great day, Faye

Margaret said...

What lovely gifts! I'm so glad you got to spend time with dear friends. I hope you are hanging in there. Hugs.

Laurie in Iowa said...

Lovely gifts from a special friend. Enjoy!

diamondc said...

Chris: Your gifts are lovely Merry Christmas to you.
Catherine

Deborah said...

Wonderful gifts! Have a wonderful holiday.

valerie said...

Wonderful gift from Robin. Both the ornie and the tag are stunning! Hugs to you during this sad time.

Christina said...

Your gifts are lovely Chris - no wonder you did a happy dance! I'm so sorry about losing your friend, especially at this time of year. Hugs to you. X

Myra said...

Gorgeous gifts Chris! I would have been dancing too. I know you are having a tough time right now. (((Hugs)))

marly said...

I don't know what design she stitched but I love it. And she did an amazing finishing job, plus the extras! It's got to be a hard time for you experiencing the joy of the season and the sadness of loss.

Ranae said...

lovely gifts, the birdie ornie is gorgeous
(((hugs))))
Take care!

robindefender said...

Hey Chris. I'm glad you enjoyed EVERYTHING from that evening at Mom's. ; )

I don't think I've said it yet, my condolences on the loss of your friend. Whether you see it coming, or it's out of the blue, losing someone you love really stinks.

That said, I hope you have a good Christmas.

Catherine said...

What a beautiful gift!!

Jenny said...

What a gorgeous ornament! It's so great to see it on your blog; I have wanted to see it up-close ever since I saw it in the JCS ornie issue. The chenille trim is just precious!