Sunday, October 3, 2010

Busy Sunday

Rich & I drove over to Georgetown this morning to go to the C & O canal national park. In the middle of DC here is a calm quiet spot.



We walked around georgetown for awhile before our ride on the canal.



Here is the canal boat. Molly and Nell were the mules towing us.




It was an interesting ride with a tour guide telling us the history of the canal and the lives of the people who worked on the canal.
After our ride we walked around Georgetown. For lunch we split a burger and fries at Five Guys and people watched.


We thought about going by Georgetown Cupcakes but the line was all the way down the block...



So, we walked some more, went back to the hotel for a nap and we are just kind of taking it easy.
Tomorrow it is off to the air museum at Dulles since it is going to rain. Maybe I will get some stitching done. Not much progress this week!




I hope that everyone has a good week. Back ti some stitching.

Chris

2 comments:

Carol said...

Nice photos of Georgetown and the C&O canal, Chris. My husband is actually doing the bike ride on the C&O canal this week (coming from Pittsburgh). Too bad the line was so long at Georgetown Cupcakes. When my son worked in DC this summer, he said it was always like that! That place must be a goldmine...

Love your little witchy piece :)

Siobhán said...

Oh, I looooove Georgetown! I remember seeing an old estate there called, if I am remembering correctly, Evermay. It was enchanting. I love Georgetown in the autumn!

Love your Primitive Needle WIP!