Saturday, October 30, 2010

#4... new technique

So, the day didn't go quite the way I planned. Rich and I headed out to hike to find the parking area full...full of trucks.. Today is the first day of deer season and we thought it might be better to walk up and down the driveway instead of out in the woods with a bunch of enthusiastic hunters.

Rich and I took a ride in search of some fabric. We ended up in Burlington. I got some fabric that I am pretty happy with. We had lunch at Red Robin( I had my free burger coupon for my upcoming birthday) and walked around the shopping center. I picked up one present for my MIL. I am trying to get started so that I don't have to fight the crowds during the holiday season.

Once home I tried my hand at ruching. This is a Paige Dorsey ornament from the 2004 JCS ornament issue.




The ribbon I used is not an exact match but I think it came out well.



I am going to go prep some more pieces for finishing. I hope that everyone had a great Saturday.


Chris

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

6 comments:

Myra said...

Now that is a pretty ornament Chris. I think you did a great job with the ribbon.

Anonymous said...

Chris,
Your ornament is beautiful. Your ruching is very pretty. I have yet to try it.

Christina said...

Your ruching turned out beautifully! The ornament looks great.

Annemarie said...

Never mind the ruching (which is lovely, by the way). How did you get your ornie so perfectly neat and round? Beautifully done!

Carol said...

Your round ornament turned out great, Chris--they aren't the easiest to do! And your ribbon looks perfect, too :)

Kat said...

Great job! I LOVE Red Robin, but I only allow myself to go once a year now, on my birthday. Hope yours is great!

~Kat